Here are the official rules on Activities and Sign-Ups, to make things clear to parents and easier for all.
- If an activity has a fee, please pay at the sign-up. We accept cash and checks. If you want to sign up but don’t have the cash or a check on you, just sign up next time. (Free advice: Remember to bring your checkbook to pack meetings!) For activities with a high price tag, we’ll set up a deposit amount, with the balance due at a particular date.
- If an activity is full, you can sign up on the wait list. We’ll notify people on the wait list in the order that they signed up if there is a cancellation or more slots become available.
- If you need to cancel, please do so as soon as you know you need to. Please contact the Pack Leader who is in charge of the event, not the outside sponsor. In most cases, you will not get a refund, but if there is a waiting list, you may get a refund if someone else takes your spot. Even for “free” activities, the pack may have actually paid for the event, so canceling may allow us to recover the money.
- If you have any questions about the event, or signing up or canceling, please direct them to the Pack Leader in charge, or to the Committee Chair, and specifically not the outside organization. We have agreements with the outside organizations to have a single point of contact, and our ability to work with that organization again depends on our keeping our agreements with them.
- If there are any other instructions for a specific activity, please make sure that you are aware of them and that you follow them. Again, these rules often come from the outside organization.
- Pack dollars from fund raising events can be used to pay for activities. They have no cash value, so be sure to use them before they expire at the end of the Cub Scout year, which is the end of the summer. If you get a refund, the cash comes back to you as cash, the pack dollars come back as pack dollars.
Following these rules will make everything move more smoothly for everyone, and will ensure that we have a good relationship with all the other organizations that we work with.